Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blessed Be the Peacemakers

I got the shock of my life today - in a good way! Orion went with me to a meeting, which I always worry about just a little because he can get pretty intense with other kids around sometimes. There was a local teen doing childcare, but whoa, did she have her hands full! Way too many kids for one young woman to handle, and many of them very high energy. At one point a mom came up the stairs and mentioned some of the boys were not "cooperating", and I thought, uh oh! So I go down to check on Orion, and he was sitting quietly on the couch playing his DS. But it gets better! The teen tells me he has been helping her if anything! She said at one point, there were some siblings fighting and saying they hated each other, and Orion actually went over, squatted down, put his hands on their shoulders and said, "If you are brothers, you should treat each other more lovingly." Wow! I told a friend of mine this story, and she said she wished she could have gotten a picture of my face when I heard it! The funny thing is, I have never even said that to him about Akasha. He is normally great with her. I have no idea where he even heard that, but it warmed my heart for sure.

No comments: