Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Reconnection Courtesy of Facebook

I finally decided to go and see who was on Facebook from my high school. The first person I added was somebody I didn't know that well, but I had great memories of him. He was that kid that used to play the guitar on the lawn at lunch time and just be surrounded with good vibes. I think every school has one of them... at least if they are lucky. I was so happy to see him holding a guitar in his profile pic and just had to find out if he was still playing music.

As it turns out, he started down a different job path, and is only recently pursuing singing and songwriting in a serious manner. His name is Matthew Moran if you want to check him out. He lives in Phoenix, but the best part of this story is that he ended up in Portland on business this week. If I hadn't added him when I did, I would have missed him. What a crazy coincidence! He decided to play some open mics, and I got out to the last one tonight at Muddy Waters (great little place by the way). He actually told the girl at the counter we hadn't seen each other for 25 years. I hadn't done the math - jeez! Way to feel old! Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures. These are the ones I liked the best:


And like three or four different people offered to take my picture with the baby. Friendliest crowd ever! And so supportive of the performers. I figured it would be nice to have a picture of since I hardly ever am on the other side of the camera. Thanks random stranger!

1 comment:

Matt Moran said...

Thanks McNabb... Just noticed your entry. I like being known as the kid with good vibes - since, it seemed, I had a lot of insecurity too. ;)

Hopefully, I'll be back in Portland soon.