Monday, October 13, 2008

Monkey One and Monkey Two

Came up with this awhile ago and haven't mentioned it, but this is just the kind of little cute thing we will probably not remember later unless it gets written down. I was calling both the kids Monkey, so I told Orion they should be One and Two. He was very clear on wanting to be Two. Ron said he came first, so he should be One, but he was stuck on Two. A little bit after that, I was trying to get him up in the morning, so I started doing a little chant.

Monkey Two, the day is new
Monkey Two, I love you
Monkey Two, Juice Plus for you (he takes these in the morning)
etc

Akasha was with me, so I did a few for her too
Monkey One, just begun
Monkey One, let's have some fun

The possibilities are endless, as both words have lots of rhymes. Orion was smart to pick Two I guess, because "you" is especially versatile. I love you, Daddy loves you, Sister loves you.... And Akasha got a new nickname as Monkey One Just Begun stuck. Yeah, long for a nickname, but it is cute!

This has been a great tool for connecting when Orion is feeling out of sorts or when a situation needs lightening up a bit.

No comments: