Monday, October 27, 2008

Honoring the Dead

We went to an activity day to decorate sugar skulls today. Orion wasn't interested at first. Then he wanted his own so I tried to clean mine off, and we found out the frosting stains! Then another kid cleaned his second one off to give me my own! So here is the one I made for my mom:
And here is Orion eating the frosting off the one he decorated.
I also noticed one of the many toy horses around the NE laying in a pile of fall leaves and thought it looked cool.
This made me feel inspired.... One of these days I would love to just walk around the NE streets and take pictures of as many of these as I can find.

3 comments:

Hippomama said...

Oddly, I think there's a website or blog devoted to this already - cataloging images and locations. I'll have to see if I can dig it up!

Hippomama said...

http://www.horseproject.net/

Lisa said...

No way! Leave it to Portland! Thanks Saille. I guess they are all over. I always thought it was a NE thing for some reason. Kindof makes the idea of shooting them all a bit less exciting though.