Monday, December 10, 2007

And finally, Winter Decorations!

Working on the tree. There is a boy in there somewhere. This is one of those pictures that I almost immediately went for the delete button, and then I realized, wait, it is pretty funny. Watch out for the Ornament Zombie!
Apparently ornaments are scary.
Daddy flying Orion to the top of the tree to put our treetop angel on. I really don't care for our topper anymore, so we decided to look for another one during the after Christmas sales. Somehow an angel just seems like the wrong thing for a Solstice themed tree. I think even the traditional star would make more sense, since we all know where that symbol came from.... Hopefully something will jump out at me. And hopefully I will remember LOL.
Close up
Some of my other decorations. I do have a set of wise men. Hey, there were astrologers, ya know. I just love them because they are homemade and similar to paper mache. The amount of detail in them is just amazing. They were made over bottles and parts of them are like stiffened fabric. I am really not sure what went into making them, but they are cool!
And last but not least, what I was waiting to get around to before posting the pictures. I finally put up the stockings. Yeah, none of them match. I have also thought about getting some that kindof go together better. Maybe next year....

1 comment:

Hippomama said...

We put angels on the tree this year, for the first time. My grandmother made them, along with a set of crocheted snowflakes and bells. The C-man declared the angels to be faeries, so I said, what the heck, let's put our faeries on the tree this year. We don't have a real topper cause I can never find one that I really like. But some of them are looking more fairyish than angelic these days, so who knows. A solstice faery sounds pretty great for the top of the tree!