Monday, June 4, 2007

Rose Festival

I was all excited to go down for dollar ride day, but Orion wouldn't go on anything, even the rides I could go with him. It seemed really odd as he usually seems so fearless, but I guess he has widely different comfort levels than I had realized. He did finally go on the carousel with me standing next to him, but he couldn't be convinced to get on anything else, even after watching for awhile. So we just headed down to see the other end of the carnival...



Crazy guy performing at the children's stage


Hooray for the petting zoo!

Watch out for the evil donkey though. Orion got bit! It didn't break the skin or anything, but he did cry for awhile. :(
This is a cavy! Not something you see at every petting zoo!

We even played some games. I looked for something that was pretty much a sure win for me since I didn't want to spend a bunch of money haha. So I picked the darts. Funny enough, th guy let Orion throw one for fun and he popped a balloon too! He didn't even thrown it straight, but it righted itself and hit one! Then we saw this game where all you do is pick a floating duck and win something every time. So we came home with a Chicken Little and a stuffed blue crayon. Orion's first carnival loot - very exciting!

Overall I have to rate the Rose Festival as a huge money suck, though. I couldn't believe how expensive the games and food were. We paid $5 for some fries! Yeah, suck food I know, but at least they were cut fresh so I knew they didn't have any wheat products in them. And it was a big portion, but still! I would have rather had less for not as much money! Oh well, we will watch for dollar day again next year for sure, and hopefully Orion will be ready to brave the swings or helicopters.

No comments: