Friday, March 27, 2009

Sweet Boy

Orion said something so cute today about Akasha, but it was also kindof odd! We were just playing in the living room, and all of a sudden, he said, "Sister, I love you more than 15 eggs!" hahahaha! Well, tis the season I guess, but I don't think he has seen any shows about eggs yet. So who knows?

He has been saying all kinds of cute things to her lately. All three of us were in the bath the other day, and he said, "Sister, you're my best friend in the whole world." Awwww. I hope he keeps feeling that way when she is a bit older. :) He is already not thrilled with her getting into his toys.

The most interesting things he has been saying have to do with him yelling.... He tends to scream REALLY loudly when he gets frustrated with video games. Sometimes it freaks Akasha out, and she cries. So lately, he has been calling over to her, "Sister, it's OK, I'm not mad at you." :) But even more interesting to me is the way he will often yell at her when she is crying. He doesn't really say anything, just makes a yelling sound. I used to think he was doing it because the sound upsetted him, and that might be part of it, but I was attaching negative stuff to it in my head. Yet this turned out to be the perfect example of how I shouldn't assume I understand where he is coming from. Just lately, it has evolved into, "Sister, I love you!" Now, he says this is a very loud yelling voice, but I have realized he is actually trying to help her when he does it. And the funny thing is, she often does stop crying when he yells at her! Now if I could just come to peace with it, it would all be great!

No comments: