Friday, March 13, 2009

I've Created a Monster!

A drawing monster that is. All I did was bring home a few markers. I guess this should be filed under "be careful what you wish for." Orion has never had much interest in art, but after today I am wondering if it was just because he couldn't get very vivid colors from crayons. He drew pictures literally ALL DAY today. Went through a bunch of computer paper and then a whole stack of stuff I had set aside in the closet. I thought I should capture some of it, although this one to start he did a week or so ago when we had the crayons out, and I am just now getting around to taking a picture. I thought this was noteworthy as it was the first time he said he drew a picture of himself that had legs. What follows are all from today, and this is literally only about 10% of it. A good portion was single smiley faces, which HAD TO BE only one per piece of paper.

This was was explained as, "Daddy but with no hair or beard or moustache."
I think this is my favorite. Is it a third eye? Or maybe Kuato LOL.
A picture of a picture.
More variety, such as 3 legs,
eyes in the middle and belly button up top,
some type of weapon arm,
and more monsters with weapons. These guys had to fight, complete with sound affects. The above one was a "scraper". The one below had something to do with fans that suck people up. They made a sound like "floop floop floop".

And my other favorite. Right at the end of the day, he broke the mold and put our family on one piece. The little one at the bottom is Kona. Wasn't sure about that one shape at the top, but he declared it a hat.

1 comment:

Melissa Zollner said...

Fantastic! sound effects and everything!