Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling Like a Grownup

I met some friends at Muddy Waters last night. I felt like a real grownup out with friends and listening to live music. Only there was this small creature attached to me all night.
Hehe, I don't mind. I wouldn't have it any other way! She even clapped at all the right times. It was cute because my friend had her close in age baby there as well.
Baby playdate at Muddy Waters! I almost felt bad at how much they were stealing the show. There were a few people there that just couldn't take their eyes off them and kept cracking up at all their antics. There was this one beautiful young woman who was so taken with her she asked if she could hug her as she was leaving. I said of course! There was something special about her I felt, and it reminded me of Katie's mom saying Akasha was a healer. It felt like it was a meeting of two kindred souls somehow....

Then the next day it was back to the usual....
Oh wait, this was a momentous occasion! Akasha's first artichoke. Now you have to understand, my older daughter has a love of the artichoke that borders on adoration. This moment had to be captured for all time:



Phew, this eating stuff is hard business.
Stuff gets on your nose and your neckfolds and jeez, who knows where else!

And lest we forget who the real photographer in the house is, here are a few selections from Orion's collection:

His false idol
Old Pig!
Nice rule of thirds son.
Aftermath.

3 comments:

Emily said...

yay for attached at the hip babies that we can take anywhere! haha

Unknown said...

I miss them soooo much! Of course akasha would love artichokes! Who doesnt?

Melissa Zollner said...

Artichokes have always been a huge hit at our house. I gave the leaves to them at an early age and they seemed to instinctually know how to scrape them along their teeth without biting the end off. It has amazed many people who don't believe me, but the girls LOVE them and eat the hearts before I can even blink. Glad to know we are artichoke sisters!