Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Day with Friends

I took the kids up to Trout Lake for the day to visit with some friends. It was gorgeous up there! I wasn't thinking about how much snow there would be, though, and we for sure weren't prepared for that. Orion spent alot of time outside anyway and had a great time!

My favorite way to be greeted by a house. :)
Not too shabby for a backyard view....
Wood toy heaven! We love our Waldorfy friends.
So many forks to choose from, but the hands won out!
The beginnings of the bonfire.
Yay for rent-a-dads LOL. Orion had fallen in the snow and was crying. This dad of 3 boys knew just what to do. Everything was fine by the time I slipped over in my crocs.
Snow fort!
Four dads. Four beers. Can you say King of the Hill?
We discovered a new yummy thing - juice and oats! Why didn't I ever think of that? Then again, what do you expect from a kid with his own cooking show?



My favorite part of the whole day was playing a cooperative game called Beautiful Place with a few of the kids. There were some cards that represented "good deeds" for the environment. One of the cards showed somebody throwing some paper trash away, and one of the other kids said, "Wait, isn't that a bad deed?" LOL, these kids are such advanced thinkers he knew it would be better to recycle it!

Now sososo tired.

No comments: