Thursday, February 26, 2009

Elimination Ramblings

All kinds of big news in our house! I feel like I have officially gotten on the EC bandwagon! I was very here and there, mostly after naps, and always felt a little guilty because she seemed like so much I had read seemed to be true. Right from birth I noticed she made a funny little sound right before peeing, and she is almost always dry when she wakes up from a nap. Then recently I had a few really good days of almost no wet diapers, and Akasha seemed to start fussing more (or was I just noticing better?) when she had to go.

Then the ironic miracle happened. My husband became a convert! About a week ago I had an appointment I needed to leave her at home for. This does not happen very often, and I have worried in the past because she cried when I was gone. I casually mentioned she seemed to be "asking" for the potty more these days, never expecting him to do it. Well, get this! When I got home he told me she had only fussed mildly three times. Each time he put her on the potty, she went right away, and was completely fine afterward! Wow!!! I was blown away and have been really inspired to pay more attention now. It is amazing how often her sudden fusses are potty related.

Oddly enough, Orion has his own news that just happens to be related. He has been dry at night for awhile! We were using pullups with him just at night and had noticed they were dry in the morning for several days in a row, so we decided to take the plunge and get rid of them. He has been fine for a couple weeks now! We only had one small accident on the night he resisted doing a "potty check" before going to sleep. I had the feeling he wouldn't get to this stage until older, so this is great!

No comments: