Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun With Squash and "Bonk!"

I have been trying to take a Child Led Weaning approach with Akasha, which basically means letting her self feed whatever she is interested in. To be honest, the couple times I have offered her anything pureed, she wanted nothing to do with it anyway! But she has eaten just about every whole food I have put in front of her. The only thing I feed her with a spoon is avocado, which she loves, because I think it would be too slippery to pick up.

One of her favorites is plain butternut squash. I put little chunks out, and she likes to squeeze them through her fingers. Sometimes she even puts some in her mouth LOL. It makes quite a mess, but she has a blast.

And for the record, I was not expecting her to figure out the spoon at 8 months haha. I had it out to give her some avocado as well, but she really wanted to hold it herself.

We have another new "game" around here. Ron discovered if he said "bonk" to Akasha and leaned his head forward, she would lean in as well and tap her forehead to his. This has become one of her favorite things to do. She will often lean her head forward to try and get our attention and now recognizes the word too. She also makes lip smacking noises now if we say "kiss" to her and will lean in for little smooches. So cute!

No comments: