Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Two Dollar Tuesday!

Woohoo! We finally made it to a Two Dollar Tuesday. They have these every second Tuesday, and this one just happened to coincide with Ron being home. I had heard they were swamped in the summer, so we thought it might be better now that school is in. I am so glad we went! It was super mellow and uncrowded. Ron had only been to Zoolights before, so this was his first time really seeing the zoo.

Cute swimming buddies.
I don't know this lady, but I thought it was a cool picture.
Orion was so excited to go stomping in the leaves!
Running around the spiral path.
I thought these baby bears looked like they were nursing. :)

Trying to climb on the elephant - he couldn't quite make it!
With a little help from mom.

Random silly faces.



Meerkat! There was this big group of kids watching the meerkats the same time as Orion, and they kept calling them "Timons". So Orion decided it was really important to go around to each and every one of them to say, "They're called meerkats."
I love bats. I could have watched that exhibit all day.


Ah, the lorikeets. This was actually round two. When we went through the first time, he tried to take the juice cup from me and got bitten. :( He cried for a really long time, but when he stopped, he decided to try again. We had him hold the cup right from the time he went in. He kindof freaked a bit when they first started landing on him, but he stuck with it for a minute or so. Then he wanted Dad to take the cup back.

He is still not too sure.... Right after this he asked to go out again. Hopefully he won't have any bird trauma from this.
These two were sitting on my hand and squabbling a bit over the food.
One last shot on the way out. These guys really like hanging out on heads.
Mandatory tiger shot.
And I had to take a picture in the parking lot of all the gorgeous fall trees. Mighty impressive for a parking lot to be this pretty!

No comments: