Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkins and Rats

We went out to one of the Sauvie pumpkin patches today with a bunch of local moms. There were so many things to do, and Orion had a blast!

I love this picture of Miss Ruby. Can you say, America's Next Top Toddler? Straw pyramid! "Gotta condo made of staw-a..." Um... never mind. (Anybody who gets that obscure reference wins a prize).
This isn't a great shot, but I like the drama of it anyway.
Orion loves these things. I don't even have to ask him to pose. Whenever he sees one, he runs to it to put his head inside.
Straw maze. Look at my little mouse go!

Pumkin hugger.
King of the mountain! (He is the only boy up there).

Such a great photo opp with the blue sky as a backdrop.
Best Orion one of the bunch.
But I Think this one of Naia is my absolute favorite. I just wish her face was a bit lighter. Ron saw it when it was enlarged and said, Did you take that?"
"Yeah?"
"Wow, I can't wait to see what you do when you have a good lens." :)
Hayjumper!
Poking at the dirt. Literally, that is what he was doing.

This is what happens if you leave your kid with me for 5 mintues.

At least I encouraged her to wipe her hands off on a pumpkin LOL. Hopefully Kate is still my friend.
Thirsty piggy. They had a whole barn full of animals and some outside too, which Orion loved. I didn't take a bunch of pictures, though, because, well, we see alot of animals, and I am to the point where I feel like I have taken the same animal pictures over and over.
The "hayride" was FREE!

Orion amidst the large, orange things.
And continuing with our theme of the day, Zoolander?

Oh, and I almost forgot about The Rat! Which rat is that, you might ask. Why, The Little Chef! We decided to take Orion to his first movie since we had heard so many good things about Ratatouille and it was at the $3 theater. The beginning was kindof intense, and I was worried he wouldn't make it past a couple parts. I had him sit with me and nurse so he didn't have to look at the screen. Then the rest of the movie was pretty mellow, and he mostly got into it. It helps that he likes to watch cooking shows! He did pretty much spend the whole movie either on my lap or Ron's, though. I really felt the experience was a bit too much sensory overload for him. We will probably wait a good while before trying it again unless it is something we know is really mellow. (Are there any movies like that anymore?)

No comments: