Friday, April 6, 2007

Dinner at Grandma Rose's

I realized I had forgotten to ask the doctor about how long Orion might be contagious, especially considering his visit was in the late afternoon on Thursday, and we had a family dinner planned for Friday. I thought it was 24 hours, but called the Health Net hotline to double check. Ron's sister has a baby about a year younger than Orion (Carter), so I didn't want to take the chance of getting him sick. It looked like we would be just out of the full day limit, and Orion seemed to be feeling fine with no fever, so off we went to Ventura!

Just as a coincidence, Rose's cousin Vinnie was also in town with his wife and son, so it turned into a nice little group! Our two groups ended up getting there at right the same time, so we had a bit of time to visit. It was my first time seeing the new place Rose and Jim were living, and it was quite a cute little condo, with an ocean view even! Luckily, Rose has several toys since she watches Carter frequently, so that kindof kept him out of trouble.

We decided on Boston Market for dinner since they seemed to have several gluten free and dairy free options. Chris was nice enough to pick it up on her way home from work. I had never had their food before, and it was pretty darn good! Orion was Mr. Tough Guy with his cousin again, which was totally weird after he had been such a gentleman with Connor. I just don't get why he is so different with different kids. I haven't figured out if it is his mood or just "chemistry".

More with pictures to come....

No comments: