Thursday, April 5, 2007

The day that started well but ended crappy

It is interesting feeling like a tourist in a town you lived in most of your life. I wanted to go to LA to close my bank account at the University Credit Union, so I figured I would do something fun while I was down there. It was weird thinking like a visitor about what the "LA Attractions" are. I figured the zoo would be the best for Orion and indeed, he really enjoyed it! Alot of the grounds are torn up right now as they are building new habitats for the gorillas and elephants, but the beauty of being two is you are obivious to stuff like that!
For some reason, the meerkat made a huge impression on him, and he has asked to look at this picture several times.



"Hey look at the alligators!"


These critters were quite entertaining, although I am embarrassed to say I can't remember their names.



Hehe I am so clever taking the giraffe next to the height bar.





Orion really liked this pole for some reason. I think he liked it better than any of the animals he saw that day.


So how did the day get crappy...? My brother and I had made plans to go have Indian food that night, so I headed that way after leaving the zoo. When I got to his house, I noticed Orion felt a little warm, and he was complaining about his ears hurting - yikes. He seemed OK overall, though, so I decided to still go to dinner. By the time we got to the restaurant, he was really hot. I was unsure about what to do, but I figured he could just sit on my lap if he wasn't feeling well. Sure enough, all he wanted to do was nurse, and he fell asleep in my lap while I was eating! Poor little bug. He had never done that before - well, at least not since being a tiny baby.

I decided to just eat quickly and head for a Whole Foods on the way home. He was still quite hot at this point and really complaining about his ears. He has only ever had one other ear infection, so he is not prone to them, but it seemed that was pretty clear what was going on. I bought some garlic mullein drops and Tylenol drops in case I really figured I needed them and got the poor monkey back to grandma and grandpa's house.

The first thing I did was have grandpa help me get some drops in his ears. Then I started writing to people I know in the area and making posts on forums to find out if there is a naturopath in the area or a ped who is at least a bit natural minded. I also looked up doctors on our insurance website in case that is the route I need to take tomorrow. After that, Orion fell asleep pretty easily and I got up to see if I had any replies. So far most of the suggestions are not in this area except one doctor there are not alot of details about. I will start making calls in the morning.... In the meantime, I better get to bed as I may be in for a night of not alot of sleep!

No comments: