Thursday, December 22, 2011

Solstice Happenins

Had a quiet Solstice this year. I didn't originally think of this one as a Solstice photo, but when I was getting ready to add things and noticed the date, I realized how appropriate it  was because these kinda look like ice crystals.  This is actually a sort of accidental science experiment!  I had dissolved some epsom salts in warm water to make a spray with, but not all of it fit in the bottle.  I left the pan on the stove with a thin layer of liquid in it and forgot about it.  When the water had evaporated, this is what was left!  They were really quite pretty!
Here are some seeded pine cones we made to decorate the tree outside with.
And this year's candles for the light and dark ceremony. Orion wanted his blank this year.

I made special foods to represent the light and dark half of the year as well, as I have done in the past, but didn't get any pictures this year.

No comments: