Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Ships Cruise!

I have always wanted to see the boat parade that happens every December in Portland, but Ron is not so much into the whole hanging out in the cold thing. So at first I started looking at restaurants that were on the course, but we ended up springing for a cruise on the Portland Spirit, which is something else I have always wanted to do! I only got a bunch of crappy pictures, which don't do the evening justice at all. Here is a blurry picture of the ship just before we boarded:
And then much to our delight, we discovered we had a window seat! We had the option to pay an extra 50 bucks to guarantee one, but I had no idea how many people actually do. I guess we totally lucked out!
Our neighbors offered to get a shot of us together.
And then I started wondering if we got that side because the ships pass on the other side lol, but I should have known - they have it down to a science. I guess they work it out with the boats ahead of time, because near the end of dinner, they actually circle the ship, and they do it for long enough that you can go up on the top deck to watch! The whole evening was great. I had no idea there was also music, with singing waiters, and they were GOOD. The food was good as well! But the most amazing thing (for December) was that the night was crystal clear, and it was even a full moon. Seriously, it couldn't have been more perfect!

Another terrible picture of the floating homes, but you can see how big and clear the moon was!
The boats were also really hard to capture, but this was probably the best shot of the night.
And just a couple more fun boats...

No comments: