Monday, July 25, 2011

Our First Trip to Breitenbush!

I have been wanting to go to Breitenbush for soooo long, so I decided to plan a family trip there. We went on the same weekend as the Natural Family retreat, which I thought would be perfect as people would be expecting lots of kids to be there.

I was a bit worried about getting our stuff over to the cabin, but it wasn't too bad with the carts. Only got this one blurry picture as we were going in.

The cabins were really nice! Like nicer than I expected for some reason. We had a separate room with a closing door and bed, which was prefect for getting Akasha to bed a bit earlier than Orion.
Hanging out in front of the cabin...
This rock sat alongside the path across from our cabin, and I thought it looked very much like an animal face.
Trying to get a shot of both of us. Little monkey wouldn't look at the camera!
Akasha and her nudist ways fit right in. :)
The "upview" from our cabin porch.
I really liked the Bath House sign for some reason.

Lots of various sites around the grounds...

There were flowers everywhere!



I also thought the lodge looked neat with so many colorful towels draped on railing.


Here I was trying to capture the bubbles floating up from the bottom, but it was hard because of the reflection. You can see them if you know what you are looking for though. :)
I love me some flowers coming up through cracks.

I think this is my favorite shot of the weekend:



I got a little time to myself one day, and went for a walk in the labyrinth. I really enjoyed it, although it was SOOOOOOOOO hot that day.
Near the entrance...
Also near the entrance...
Namaste?

She was actually standing near this little tree. She looks like she is praying to it lol. Both the kids were fascinated by how the little tree was growing out of the larger stump!

Overall it was a great trip. Ron had a massage he said was great, and I loved all the food. Ron liked some of it lol. The only real downer was getting chased by horseflies. :( Thankfully that didn't really start until latish on Saturday, when we encountered them right while in the hot pools! (Turns out they are attracted to heat). I have never really encountered them before, but people told us what they were and that the bites REALLY hurt, so both the kids totally freaked out. And then the next day they were out near our cabin and were literally like chasing us every time we went outside. Neither of the kids would leave the cabin after that. :(( So bottom line - would love to go back, but thinking not in high summer next time!

No comments: