Monday, July 11, 2011

OCF 2011

Finally going to start working on some catch up! I decided to take the plunge this year and camp at Zumwault since I know so many people who camp there, and it was alot of fun. It was just Akasha and me this year as Ron had too much work to do and Orion doesn't like to sleep away from him. So girl time at the fair!

Here we are driving in to Zumwault for the very first time!
At camp, Akasha makes herself at home at somebody else's table - it's a community folks!
Was happy we got to camp next to one of my friends and her amazing son. Although so much older than Akasha, he was always welcoming and patient with her.
Mah feetz iz durteh.
Happy faces on the bus!
Friday crowds heading inside!

Akasha ended up totally zonking out almost all day on Friday! Which made for a nice relaxing time wondering around.
This guy was giving a talk about making paper out of mushrooms - pretty neat!
Always lots of lovely visual stimulation at the fair!


And OMG Patch Adams was here this year!!! He was all the character I expected him to be!

And I got my face painted!
Somebody woke up!
And these are the things she wanted me to take pictures of. :)


Back at camp and time for some shenanigans!
This was the central area where folks hang out and cooked dinner.
Saturday we decided to just hang out at camp since the fair is so crowded that day. Alot of people do that. Here is Akasha and her queen.


Attitude!

Berry applesauce was a staple food of the weekend.
Oh my goodness, yummy babies to play with!
And oatmeal was the other staple food lol.
OMG a friend of mine made these homemade marshmallows with maple syrup and they were to die for. Must try at home!
I think Akasha would have eaten the whole bowl if I didn't enforce some sharing lol.
This is what we did in our tent at night as most of the other kids were in bed before her. :)
I went over to the bonfire just briefly. Akasha wanted nothing to do with hanging out around the fire, which was a bummer, but what can ya do?
Lovely moon over the beach.

I had originally not planned to go back to the fair on Sunday, but I changed my mind as there were some more things I wanted to do. At the beginning of the day, we were waiting at the entrance for a friend, and Akasha was very entertained my several folks. She LOVED this giraffe lady!
Sometimes the best views are straight up.


She also loved the "mingo". :)
But my favorite thing of this whole year was doing the Dances of Universal Peace on Sunday. What a great group of folks!

We went to one last musical performance that was lovely to cap off our weekend, and Akasha played with some bubbles.

Another great year come and gone.... Can't wait to do it all over again!

No comments: