Wednesday, January 19, 2005

First Hike with the Baby

So the hubby's journal reminded me I better put an entry in my journal. The main reason I am doing this is so I will have dates when it is time to go back and put the scrapbook together. So if a picture taking or a first happened, I better be writing about it - haha. Last Monday (MLK day so Ron was off work) we did our first experiment with Orion in the baby backpack. He did great. There is just enough support for him even though he can't sit up on his own yet. We tried to hike to the local waterfall, but the extra 20 pounds kicked Ron's butt. Also, we tried a different route down into the canyon which turned out to be much longer. Altogether we did make about 2 miles, some of it pretty steep, so we didn't do that badly. Interesting sites along the way: one of the bridges washed out from the heavy rains and sad little debarked dogs.

No comments: